Iran condemns bombing in al-Marjeh district of Damascus

Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast

Press TV -(Wed May 1, 2013) Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast has strongly condemned the recent terrorist attack in al-Marjeh district located in Syria’s capital, Damascus.

“The incident once again revealed the true nature of the terrorists in Syria to the people of the country and the world,” Mehmanparast said on Tuesday.
On Tuesday, a bomb went off near the Syrian Interior Ministry in the central district of al-Marjeh, leaving at least 13 people dead and 70 more injured.
Mehmanparast blamed the supporters of the terrorists in Syria, who provide the militants with weapons, for the attacks.
The Iranian official called on international and humanitarian organizations to carry out their duties with regard to the terrorists’ crimes in Syria, prevent the spread of violence and push for a political resolution to the crisis.
Earlier on April 29, twin car bombings rocked the al-Mazzeh neighborhood of the capital. The attack targeted the convoy of Prime Minister Wael Nader al-Halqi. The premier survived the attack, but three of his bodyguards as well as the driver of the vehicle were killed in the blasts.
A similar car bomb attack killed Mohammad Abdul-Wahab Hassan, a senior official at Syria’s Electricity Ministry, on April 24.
Syria has been experiencing unrest since March 2011. Many people, including large numbers of Syrian army and security personnel, have been killed in the violence.
The Syrian government says that the chaos is being orchestrated from outside the country, and there are reports that a very large number of the militants are foreign nationals.
Damascus says the West and its regional allies, such as Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey, are supporting the militants.

Bookmark and Share