Iran condemns recent bomb attack in Damascus
Press TV -(Mon Apr 8, 2013) The Islamic Republic of Iran has denounced a massive bomb attack that claimed lives of 15 people in the Syrian capital earlier.
On Monday, Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast expressed sympathy with families of the victims, saying the attack “aimed at fomenting instability in the region,” ISNA reported.
“Certainly, the responsibility of such measures initially rests with those who have placed arming and provoking armed [terrorist] groups on their agenda. And then it also rests with defeated terrorist groups, which attempt to make up for their failure by inhumane atrocities against the resistant people of Syria,” Mehmanparast stated.
Earlier in the day, at least 15 people were killed and dozens were injured after a car bomb exploded in central Damascus, followed by intense gunfire in the Syrian capital.
“Terrorists detonated a car bomb between Sabaa Bahrat square and Shahbander Street,” Syrian state television, Al-Ikhbariya reported.
Heavy gunfire was heard shortly after the blast and a column of smoke began to rise in the area.
Children are believed to be among the dead and wounded as the explosion took place near a school, the report added.
Syria has been experiencing unrest since March 2011. Many people, including large numbers of Syrian army and security personnel, have been killed in the violence.
The Syrian government says that the chaos is being orchestrated from outside the country, and there are reports that a very large number of the militants are foreign nationals.
Damascus says the West and its regional allies including Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey are supporting the militants.
Fars NA -(Mon Apr 8, 2013) Iran Condemns Terrorist Blast in Damascus
The Iranian foreign ministry in a statement strongly condemned the Monday’s terrorist blast in Damascus, and blamed the countries which provide arms and financial support for the terrorist groups in Syria for the massacre of the Syrian people.
“The incident of the terrorist blast in the Syrian capital was aimed at taking revenge from the Syrian nation and fomenting instability in the region,” Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehman-Parast said on Monday.
“Certainly those sides which have placed arming and stimulating armed groups on their agenda are the first to blame for such actions and then the defeated terrorist groups which try to make up for their failures against the resistant Syrian people by inhuman crimes,” he added.
Meantime, Mehman-Parast said that the Syrian people who are aware of the ominous goals of their enemies will use their rights to defend their country’s national sovereignty.
A car bomb exploded in central Damascus on Monday causing deaths and injuries, Syrian state television reported.
“Terrorists detonate the car bomb between Sabaa Bahrat square and Shahbander Street,” Syria’s state television reported, adding subsequently that preliminary information suggested that the explosion was a suicide attack.
The explosion occurred near the Syrian central bank, and security forces and the army quickly moved into the area to prevent people from approaching the scene of the attack.
Syria has been experiencing unrest since March 2011 with organized attacks by well-armed gangs against the Syrian police, border guards, statesmen, army and the civilians being reported across the country.
Thousands of people have been killed since terrorist and armed groups turned protest rallies into armed clashes.
The government blames outlaws, saboteurs, and armed terrorist groups for the deaths, stressing that the unrest is being orchestrated from abroad.