Iran and P5+1 can reach agreement in Almaty2: Mehmanparast

 Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast

Press TV -(Wed Apr 3, 2013)Iran Foreign Ministry spokesman says it is possible for Tehran and the P5+1 group of world powers to reach an agreement in their upcoming talks in Almaty, if the group would continue with the approach demonstrated in the first round of talks. 

Noting that coming to an understanding in the upcoming comprehensive talks in Almaty, Kazakhstan, would be “is easily reachable,” Ramin Mehmanparast emphasized in a Wednesday interview with IRNA that if the P5+1 member states – including the US, the UK, France, China, and Russia plus Germany – remained on the same course they had adopted in the first-round talks in Almaty, “we would also get closer to Iran’s desires.”
The Iranian official further underlined that the talks are not “particularly sophisticated,” but “a clear and transparent prospective” must be drawn for these talks on the basis that the rights of our nation would ultimately be recognized.
Meanwhile, he added, the concerns and claims raised during the talks would also be resolved through mutual steps, provided that they are undertaken simultaneously and identically, in terms of weight and substance.
Mehmanparast further noted that all issues must be thoroughly defined during the talks so that both sides would feel they are moving towards a final resolution in a setting that is reasonable and logical.
He also added that the main reason that the talks between the two sides did not produce any results in the past was the unreasonable demands made by the P5+1 group while expecting Iran to take “reciprocal” action that was really not at all comparable to the sort of demands they were making.
Mehmanparast reiterated that despite the unreasonable attitude demonstrated by Western members of the group in the past, the Iranian side always entered the talks with a positive attitude.
The second round of talks between the two sides has been scheduled to take place in Almaty later this week on April 5-6.
The Iranian Foreign Ministry official also dismissed the persisting US-led Western sanctions against the Islamic Republic as an illegal and futile effort to pressure the Iranian nation to lose motivation to participate in the upcoming presidential election process.
He reasoned that a strong turnout in the election would further enhance the position of the Islamic Republic in its international relations and conduct.

Fars NA -(Wed Apr 3, 2013) Iran’s FM Spokesman Optimistic about Upcoming Talks between Tehran, G5+1

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehman-Parast said he is hopeful about the results of the next round of talks between Iran and the Group 5+1 (the five permanent UN Security Council members plus Germany) in Almaty, Kazakhstan, on April 5-6.
“The upcoming talks are likely to be conducted in a reasonable atmosphere which would help both sides reach a final solution,” Mehman-Parast told the Islamic republic news agency on Wednesday.
He noted that Iran and the Group 5+1 could easily reach an understanding during the upcoming talks in Almaty.
In similar remarks last week, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said he is hopeful about the results of the next round of the talks between Iran and the Group 5+1.
“The first round of talks in Almaty produced positive results. We hope the next round of negotiations in Almaty will continue the same forward trend,” Salehi said after meeting his Kazakh counterpart Yerlan Idrisov in Dushanbe.
The last round of the talks between Tehran and the six world powers was held in Almaty on February 26-27.
Also, experts from Iran and the G5+1 reviewed the two sides’ proposals in a meeting in Istanbul from March 17 to 18.
The two sides’ experts outlined topics of the upcoming talks between the chief negotiators of Iran and the G5+1 due to be held in Almaty early next month.
Earlier this month, diplomatic sources in Europe said that the grounds are now ready to lift part of the current economic sanctions on Iran in the next round of talks between Tehran and the six world powers.
According to a report by Norway’s Radio Austin, diplomatic circles in Europe have announced that the next meeting between Iran and G5+1 will witness a real change in the Iran-West nuclear standoff and at the end of the day “the Europeans will announce a partial removal of economic sanctions against Iran”.
The report said that Europeans have realized that softening Iran’s economic sanctions is a must since they have failed to prevent Iran from installing thousands of new generation centrifuges and the economic sanctions have left no impact on the activities of Iranian scientists.
The report came after Iran voiced optimism about the removal of the West’s unjust sanctions in the new Iranian year (started March 21).
The announcement was made by Iranian foreign minister in a joint press conference with his Benin counterpart Nassirou Arifari Bako in Tehran.
Based on the latest information, the next Iranian year will be promising for lifting the sanctions, the Iranian minister said before starting the new year.
He said that the time is ripe to resolve the nuclear dispute with the western governments.

Bookmark and Share